Sunday, November 17, 2013

The dangers of hoarding

I have a horrible habit of purchasing things I love for crafting, then never using them.  Perhaps they are too pretty to use, or I can never think of what to use them for, but the results are way too much stuff. 
A few years ago I tried to estimate how much I had spent on stuff, and came to the conclusion it was enough to purchase a small house in suburban Detroit.
I decided to try to make some gifts without purchasing anything new.
Well I bought the shadow box and the paper, but the shadow box came from the Goodwill store, and only paid $2, so that was a bargain.



 
I liked having paper flowers along with dried botanicals and the velvet flowers.  Also used a paper punch to add the leaves and spritzed with Sheer Shimmer spritz in sparkle and frost.  It doesn't show up in the photos that well but there is such a pretty shimmer on the flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment