Tuesday, June 21, 2011

spiral stitch learned



Well, after 2 weeks, and multiple attempts, have finished 3 bracelets and one necklace using spiral stitch.  I used 2 different patterns from 2 sources, and the best thing from that is I picked up a couple of different tips which helped a lot.  I enjoyed learning this, wasn't nearly as hard as it looked in the magazine.  My moaning earlier about sources disappearing on the internet was the result of wanting to make the necklace I have posted here.  Will post one of the bracelets later, is currently involved in a swap and don't want to publish pix before my swap partner gets the bracelet.  It's funny how intimidating those little charts in magazines are, but after a couple of false starts, which I just cut apart, these went together quickly.   Think I spent less than 20 total hours on 18" necklace and 3 bracelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment